Installing oVirt Node
oVirt Node is a minimal operating system based on CentOS that is designed to provide a simple method for setting up a physical machine to act as a hypervisor in an oVirt environment. The minimal operating system contains only the packages required for the machine to act as a hypervisor, and features a Cockpit user interface for monitoring the host and performing administrative tasks. See http://cockpit-project.org/running.html for the minimum browser requirements.
See Chapter 6: oVirt Nodes in the Installation Guide for installation instructions.
Also see Chapter 5: Introduction to Hosts and Chapter 7: Enterprise Linux Hosts
Installing oVirt Node on a physical machine involves three key steps:
Download the oVirt Node Installation ISO below (probably oVirt Node 4.2 - Stable Release - Installation ISO)
Write the oVirt Node Installation ISO disk image to a USB, CD, or DVD.
Boot your physical machine from that media and install the oVirt Node minimal operating system.
oVirt Node 4.2 - Stable Release
This is the oVirt Node 4.2 image including the latest oVirt 4.2 packages. This is the latest stable release.
- oVirt Node 4.2 - Stable Release - Installation ISO (based on el7)
- Jenkins job (el7): http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-node-ng_ovirt-4.2_build-artifacts-el7-x86_64/
oVirt Node Master - Latest master, experimental
This is the oVirt Node image build based on oVirt packages from the master branches.
- oVirt Node master experimental ISO (based on el7)
- Jenkins job (el7): http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-node-ng-image_master_build-artifacts-el7-x86_64/
- Jenkins job (fc28): http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-node-ng-image_master_build-artifacts-fc28-x86_64
oVirt Node 4.1
This is the oVirt Node 4.1 image including the latest oVirt 4.1 packages.
oVirt Node 4
This is the oVirt Node 4 image, including the latest oVirt 4 packages.
oVirt Node 3
- oVirt Node 3 Next (Tech-Preview, downwards compatible within oVirt 3, recommended)
- This is the oVirt Node Next image, with the newly designed oVirt Node, but using the stable oVirt 3 packages.
- Installation ISO