This page will contain instructions on recording a screencast on Linux and Windows for oVirt demo screencasts.
- Hit Ctrl-Alt-Shift-R to start recording, hit again to stop recording
- The video will be in /home/
/Videos/Screencast from .webm
GNOME 2 or KDE
- Install recordmydesktop with the appropriate front-end for your desktop
Adding a soundtrack
- Start GNOME Sound Recorder
- Start playing the video recorded previously
- Record your voice-over (use a microphone to get better sound quality)
- Use Pitivi to synchronise sound and image, and to cut beginning and end bits out.
- Save in a YouTube compatible format which is not patent encumbered such as .ogv or .webm