Basically any and all mentions of oVirt is a good thing to build the awareness for the project. This can take the form of press, blogs, twitter, meetups, workshops or even sessions or speaking slots that any in the community gets to speak about oVirt.
This pages have been created to help the oVirt community to be more effective in promoting itself.
If you speak anywhere about oVirt
If you speak at a meetup, conference, or anywhere about oVirt email the email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org lists with the follow basic info
- Time and place
- Who is speaking
- link to presso (if applicable)
And then everyone can help plug it for you. Additionally if there are more than one of us at the event then we can meet up and coordinate.
Support oVirt speakers
Please promote anyone from the community speaking or bloging about oVirt. Sample things you can help with are
- tweeting it
- mailing it out to communities your are involved in that might be interested.
Roster of meetups/workshops that oVirt would like to attend
The follow section is to help plan oVirt workshops and meetups. Generally it would be good to have someone from the oVirt community speak at all the major virt, Linux and cloud events. In addition the desire has been expressed to have regional workshops for oVirt much like the kick-off workshop help at Cisco. These need additional planning to put together and will be coordinated by the oVirt board.
|Dec 4–9 2011||LISA Boston||Meetup or talk, is anyone going, or can we still set a slot http://www.usenix.org/event/lisa11/|
|Jan 13-15 2012||FUDcon Blacksburg||TBD http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Blacksburg_2012||pmyers|
|Jan 16-20 2012||linux.conf.au||TBD http://linux.conf.au/|
|Feb 4-5th 2012||FOSDEM 2012, Brussels, Belgium||TBD http://fosdem.org/2012/devrooms_for_2012 They have a “Open Source Virtualization and Cloud” dev room listed. We might fit in there.|
|Needs investigation on whether this is still open to new participants.||apevec|
|Feb 20 2012||SCALE, LA||Meetup and or talk, who is going, https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/cfp/cfp-information|
|June 1-3 2012||LinuxCon Japan||TBD https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-japan|
- co-locating with Lixcon event and KVM form event
- Brno - Feb (Red Hat hosted)
- TLV - Feb (Red Hat hosted)
- China - (IBM hosted)
- NYC- July?
- London - (Intel hosted?)
A session hosted anywhere at any event to discuss, promote or hack on a technical area of oVirt. Informally arranged, hopefully having 2 or 3 a month.
- Can be done as BOF an existing conferences or as lunch and learns, bay area fast topic, or like the NYC evening/ breakfast topics
- Have many, many of these
- Do a demo
- Have a discussion
- Whatever you want
- USB stick/kit “ovirt meetup on a stick”
- or anytime a bunch of oVirt developers work together on something, they can publish the time, date, location an have an open invite
Full blow workshops much like the kick-off workshop done at Cisco. Multi-day for community members to work together on multiple topics and provide a venue for new members to join the project.
- Either Hosted by members or Co-located at large conferences
- 4 to 8 a year
- Developer focused
- At conferences
- Separate track
- Developers & Admins
- KVM Forum
- Linuxcon Japan
- Linuxcon Sundy
- Linuxcon Eggo
- Other LinuxFoundation events
- Each founding org can have one alongside their major event: Red Hat Summit, UDS, SUSE (Brainshare), IDF, etc